Ocean Drive Celebrates CAMILLA Boutique's Latest Collection MOTHER

Ocean Drive Celebrates CAMILLA Boutique's Latest Collection MOTHER

On Tuesday, September 18, Ocean Drive Magazine and Editor-in-Chief Patricia Tortolani hosted an afternoon celebration at CAMILLA Boutique at the Aventura Mall in honor of the brand’s latest co…

Partido Demócrata de Florida lanza nueva tienda en línea

Partido Demócrata de Florida lanza nueva tienda en línea

El Partido Demócrata de Florida lanzó este jueves su nueva tienda en línea, presentando una nueva colección de diseños inspirados en las elecciones del 2020. Ahora los demócratas de Florida pueden comprar en línea camisetas y botones con frases como «Vamos Demócratas» y «Derrota a Trump».

Por Redacción MiamiDiario

Terrie Rizzo, presidenta del Partido Demócrata de Florida, habló sobre la importancia de la tienda y permitir que los demócratas puedan mostrar con orgullo que apoyan nuestro partido:

“Las camisetas, botones y calcomanías son una excelente manera para que las personas muestren con orgullo que son demócratas y los valores que defendemos. No importa donde lo usen, ahora los demócratas llevaran con orgullos los nuevos diseños que hemos creado para ellos”.

La tienda en linea puede ser encontrada en store.floridadems.org. Los primeros diseños de mercancía para el 2020 ya están disponibles en la tienda, y pronto nuevos diseños serán incluídos.

 

Con información de nota de prensa

 

También le puede interesar

Tribu nativo americana Seminole de Florida demanda a Purdue y a otros fabricantes de fármacos

¿Cuál es peor equipo Marlins o Dolphins?

Miami comienza reclutamiento de voluntarios para Super Bowl LIV

La entrada Partido Demócrata de Florida lanza nueva tienda en línea se publicó primero en Miami Diario.

Russell Galbut, Keith Menin ink deal with short-term rental operator Domio

Russell Galbut, Keith Menin ink deal with short-term rental operator Domio

From left: Jay Roberts, Keith Menin andRussell Galbut

From left: Jay Roberts, Keith Menin andRussell Galbut

Hotelier Keith Menin and Crescent Heights developer Russell Galbut have inked the first of a number of deals with Domio, a short-term rental operator, The Real Deal has learned.

Menin and his uncle, Galbut, signed a 10-year lease with Domio to take over management of the Kaskades Hotel at 300 17th Street in Miami Beach, Domio CEO and founder Jay Roberts said. The lease begins Oct. 1.

Menin is acting as an owner of the property and the deal is not affiliated with his Menin Hospitality, he said. Domio will take over management of the 26-key hotel from Urbanica The Hotels.

Roberts said he met Menin through mutual friends a couple of weeks ago and closed their first deal within days. They plan to sign leases for properties in South Florida and throughout the U.S., including in Chicago.

Domio expanded to South Florida last month when it signed a $1.45 million lease for 45 units at the beachfront Monte Carlo at 6551 Collins Avenue in Miami Beach. The company has more than 2,000 rooms in its portfolio, the bulk of which are in Chicago and New Orleans.

Roberts said that 50 percent of bookings are done directly through Domio’s website, which was attractive for Menin. “What owners are seeing, by putting it into the Domio platform, we’re really creating a network of apartment hotels,” he said.

Menin Hospitality previously operated the Kaskades as part of the nearby Gale South Beach, which it opened in 2015 after a full restoration. The building was originally designed by architect Melvin Grossman in 1953, according to the publication Hotel Business. It includes a rooftop terrace and pool, and a food and beverage component.

In August, companies tied to Menin and Galbut sold the shuttered Sanctuary Hotel at 1745 James Avenue in Miami Beach for $14.4 million to Blue Road.  A month earlier, Galbut sold the Bentley Hotel on Ocean Drive for $28 million, also previously managed by Menin Hospitality.

Galbut was also recently the lender to Urbanica Management for a 52-room hotel planned for 803 Fifth Street in Miami Beach.

MSC Cruises gets green light for $300M terminal project at PortMiami

A rendering of the project

A rendering of the project

The Miami-Dade County Commission on Thursday approved a $300 million terminal development by MSC Cruises at PortMiami.

The cruise line plans to build its two-terminal building on 16.7 acres, under a 62-year lease, which may mark the biggest lease deal in port history.

Holland & Knight partner William R. Bloom, who represents MSC, said the company would pay rent totaling $2 billion over the 62-year term of the operating lease.

“I think this is the largest [lease] deal the port has ever done,” Bloom said. PortMiami has approved shorter lease deals for preferential berthing agreements “in the neighborhood of 30-year terms,” he added.

The MSC lease won’t have options to extend the term, Bloom said.

MSC plans to build a single building at PortMiami with two terminals where two cruise ships could operate simultaneously.

The MSC project was one of 11 projects at PortMiami that commissioners approved on Thursday for cruise lines, including Carnival Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line and Virgin Voyages.

“These PortMiami deals constitute the most extensive transactions done by our port simultaneously,” Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez said. “These deals are expected to generate a total minimum revenue guarantee of approximately $4.6 billion in wharfage, dockage and capital recovery fees during the initial phase of the deals.”

MSC – which moved its South Florida operations from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale to PortMiami in 2013 – plans to base four cruise ships in Miami in the upcoming winter season, up from just one three years ago.

“But we have bigger ambitions,” said Roberto Fusaro, president, MSC Cruises USA.

A Trip to New Orleans Isn't Complete Without a Stay at This Lavish Hotel

A Trip to New Orleans Isn't Complete Without a Stay at This Lavish Hotel

Discover the perennial party city’s latest luxe experiences.

Guests of New Orleans’ new Maison de la Luz have a private entrance to Bar Marilou, a cozy craft cocktail spot.
After more…

Murió masajista que denunció a Kevin Spacey de agresión sexual

Murió masajista que denunció a Kevin Spacey de agresión sexual

Confirman que murió el hombre que acusó al actor Kevin Spacey por un presunto caso de agresión sexual que habría sucedido en 2016 en Malibú.

Por Redacción MiamiDiario

La identidad de esta persona se mantuvo en el anonimato desde que acusó al actor, durante el litigio figuró bajo el pseudónimo de ‘John Doe’.

De acuerdo a la víctima en una denuncia presentada en septiembre de 2018 que Spacey lo forzó a agarrar sus genitales dos veces y trató de besarlo durante una sesión de masaje en 2016 en una residencia privada en Malibú, California.

El mes pasado, el equipo legal del denunciante reveló que iba a llamar a otros dos masajistas que afirman haber sido víctimas de Spacey y también tenían miedo de revelar su identidad públicamente.

Ganador de dos Óscar por su trabajo en las películas «The Usual Suspects» (1995) y «American Beauty» (1999) y considerado como uno de los mejores intérpretes de su generación, Spacey vio cómo su carrera se derrumbó tras las numerosas acusaciones de agresión sexual en su contra y que salieron a la luz gracias al impulso del movimiento #MeToo.

El juicio civil estaba previsto en un tribunal federal para el 23 de junio de 2020.

 

 

Con información de RT

 

 

También le puede interesar

Huracán Humberto se fortalece en su camino a Bermuda

Más de cien perros y gatos provenientes de Bahamas arribaron a la Florida

¡Conoce las razones! Miami es el lugar ideal para los inversionistas

La entrada Murió masajista que denunció a Kevin Spacey de agresión sexual se publicó primero en Miami Diario.

PurduePharma family behind office purchase in downtown West Palm, Dwyane Wade wants out of Miami Beach manse: Daily digest

PurduePharma family behind office purchase in downtown West Palm, Dwyane Wade wants out of Miami Beach manse: Daily digest

Every day, The Real Deal rounds up South Florida’s biggest real estate news, from breaking news and scoops to announcements and deals. We update this page throughout the day. Please send any tips or deals to tips@therealdeal.com

This page was last updated at 6:00 p.m.

 

The Sackler family is behind a nearly $7 million sale of a downtown West Palm Beach office building purchased this summer. The Sacklers, owner of OxyContin-maker Purdue Pharma, purchased the Glidden Spina + Partners building in July, the Palm Beach Post reported, less than two months before Purdue Pharma filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection amid thousands of opioid lawsuits. [Palm Beach Post]

 
Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union and the North Bay Road home (Credit: Getty Images, Elliman.com)

Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union and the North Bay Road home (Credit: Getty Images, Elliman.com)

The Miami Heat’s former star player Dwyane Wade wants to complete one last sale in Miami Beach. Wade, who retired from the NBA this year, listed his home at 5980 North Bay Road for $32.5 million, according to the Wall Street Journal. Wade and his wife, actress Gabrielle Union, are now based in Los Angeles. [TRD]

 

A trillionaire, prime minister of Israel and president of the world. Those are all the things WeWork founder and CEO Adam Neumann has said he wants to be, according to a new profile of a leader who is struggling to take his company public. [WSJ]

 

Miami home sales fell 13 percent in August, adding to mounting signs that Miami’s housing market is cooling down. Closed sales fell to 3,493, compared to 4,034 sales in August 2018, according to the report by RE/MAX. [TRD]

 

From left: Compass’ Jason Post, CEO Robert Reffkin, and COO Maelle Gavet (Credit: Wharton UPenn)

Compass’ top communications executive is out. Jason Post, who joined the brokerage nine months ago, will depart as the company mulls plans for an IPO. Post previously worked for Uber and the Bloomberg administration. [TRD]

 

A Miami real estate agent is challenging the time-honored notion of agents as independent contractors with a lawsuit that seeks class action status.
Former Cervera Real Estate agent Beatriz Santamaria is suing the Miami brokerage for allegedly misclassifying salespeople as independent contractors and violating minimum wage and overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. [TRD]

 
27 East Dilido Drive

27 East Dilido Drive

Time Warner’s general counsel wants $15 million for his Miami Beach mansion. Time Warner executive Paul Cappuccio, who was set to receive $26.7 million as a result of the merger with AT&T, listed the seven-bedroom, 7,167-square-foot home at 27 East Dilido Drive in the Venetian Islands. Julian Johnston, who recently joined the Corcoran Group, has the listing, according to the MLS.

 

A Brickell condo association will have to pony up a $300,000 settlement for overcharging residents extra fees when they applied to rent a unit. Miami couple Joshua and Allison Kobasky filed the class-action lawsuit against the The Plaza 851 Brickell Condominium Association after it required they fork over $250 more than what is legally allowed in Florida, according to the Miami Herald. Nearly 600 people were eligible to participate in the class action, and each person who did will receive $250. [Miami Herald]

 

A private company that acquired a piece of a Hollywood park wants Broward County to pay $500,000 to buy the land, or pay $6,000 a month in rent. A lack of communication between the county and its parks department is what allowed the $25,000 sale to happen, according to the Sun Sentinel. Broward County’s tax division put the land up for auction after the previous owner failed to pay their taxes. [Sun Sentinel]

 

Compiled by Katherine Kallergis

PurduePharma family behind office purchase in downtown West Palm, Dwyane Wade wants out of Miami Beach manse: Daily digest

Every day, The Real Deal rounds up South Florida’s biggest real estate news, from breaking news and scoops to announcements and deals. We update this page throughout the day. Please send any tips or deals to [email protected]

This page was last updated at 6:00 p.m.

The Sackler family is behind a nearly $7 million sale of a downtown West Palm Beach office building purchased this summer. The Sacklers, owner of OxyContin-maker Purdue Pharma, purchased the Glidden Spina + Partners building in July, the Palm Beach Post reported, less than two months before Purdue Pharma filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection amid thousands of opioid lawsuits. [Palm Beach Post]

Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union and the North Bay Road home (Credit: Getty Images, Elliman.com)

Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union and the North Bay Road home (Credit: Getty Images, Elliman.com)

The Miami Heat’s former star player Dwyane Wade wants to complete one last sale in Miami Beach. Wade, who retired from the NBA this year, listed his home at 5980 North Bay Road for $32.5 million, according to the Wall Street Journal. Wade and his wife, actress Gabrielle Union, are now based in Los Angeles. [TRD]

A trillionaire, prime minister of Israel and president of the world. Those are all the things WeWork founder and CEO Adam Neumann has said he wants to be, according to a new profile of a leader who is struggling to take his company public. [WSJ]

Miami home sales fell 13 percent in August, adding to mounting signs that Miami’s housing market is cooling down. Closed sales fell to 3,493, compared to 4,034 sales in August 2018, according to the report by RE/MAX. [TRD]

From left: Compass’ Jason Post, CEO Robert Reffkin, and COO Maelle Gavet (Credit: Wharton UPenn)

Compass’ top communications executive is out. Jason Post, who joined the brokerage nine months ago, will depart as the company mulls plans for an IPO. Post previously worked for Uber and the Bloomberg administration. [TRD]

A Miami real estate agent is challenging the time-honored notion of agents as independent contractors with a lawsuit that seeks class action status.
Former Cervera Real Estate agent Beatriz Santamaria is suing the Miami brokerage for allegedly misclassifying salespeople as independent contractors and violating minimum wage and overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. [TRD]

27 East Dilido Drive

27 East Dilido Drive

Time Warner’s general counsel wants $15 million for his Miami Beach mansion. Time Warner executive Paul Cappuccio, who was set to receive $26.7 million as a result of the merger with AT&T, listed the seven-bedroom, 7,167-square-foot home at 27 East Dilido Drive in the Venetian Islands. Julian Johnston, who recently joined the Corcoran Group, has the listing, according to the MLS.

A Brickell condo association will have to pony up a $300,000 settlement for overcharging residents extra fees when they applied to rent a unit. Miami couple Joshua and Allison Kobasky filed the class-action lawsuit against the The Plaza 851 Brickell Condominium Association after it required they fork over $250 more than what is legally allowed in Florida, according to the Miami Herald. Nearly 600 people were eligible to participate in the class action, and each person who did will receive $250. [Miami Herald]

A private company that acquired a piece of a Hollywood park wants Broward County to pay $500,000 to buy the land, or pay $6,000 a month in rent. A lack of communication between the county and its parks department is what allowed the $25,000 sale to happen, according to the Sun Sentinel. Broward County’s tax division put the land up for auction after the previous owner failed to pay their taxes. [Sun Sentinel]

Compiled by Katherine Kallergis

Peach Room Miami Makes Its Debut at The Anderson!

Peach Room Miami Makes Its Debut at The Anderson!

Saturday, October 5, 2019
Poised to bring disco back to the new age, Peach Room is a brand-new and unique roaming pop-up party experience, concepted around the mantra: disco never died. On Sat…

En este mes saldrá el nuevo Samsung Galaxy Fold: dispositivo dual utilizado para teléfono y tableta

En este mes saldrá el nuevo Samsung Galaxy Fold: dispositivo dual utilizado para teléfono y tableta

Hay disponibilidad de cuatro colores: negro, plata, verde y azul. A su vez tiene una versión que trabaja con LTE y otra con 5G, teniendo la posibilidad de ser utilizada como tableta, igualmente.

Por Redacción MiamiDiario

Septiembre resultó ser el mes elegido por la reconocida marca dedicada a los aparatos electrónicos, Samsung, para hacer el lanzamiento de su modelo Galaxy Fold, tras haber realizado algunos intentos fallidos e incluso haber recibido fuertes críticas sobre su nuevo dispositivo, que inicialmente habría salido en abril de no ser por inconvenientes en la pantalla, según indicó Primicia.

Este es el primer teléfono plegable de dicha marca internacional, cuyo precio estaría rondando los $2.000, precio un tanto elevado para tratarse de un teléfono móvil, por lo que inicialmente estaría siendo distribuido en «mercados selectos». Aparentemente ya está listo para ser utilizado.

«Samsung se tomó el tiempo de evaluar completamente el diseño del producto, realizar mejoras necesarias y pruebas rigurosas. El problema fue que algunos de los críticos de medios de comunicación que recibieron el teléfono habían retirado una película de plástico que cubría la pantalla, pensando que era la clásica capa protectora que se encuentra en cualquier teléfono nuevo. Para evitar eso, Samsung extendió esta capa protectora de la pantalla. Ahora, sus bordes se encuentran debajo del marco del dispositivo para evitar confusiones y que el usuario la retire. Samsung también reforzó el área de la bisagra con nuevas capas protectoras y redujo el espacio que la separa del celular».

Cabe destacar que este nuevo aparato puede funcionar como teléfono o como tableta. Esto permite que el dispositivo pueda ser agarrado como un smartphone normal, con medidas de 7 pulgadas. El mismo tiene un sistema que está adaptado a resistir ante tantas aperturas y cierres. Su pantalla exterior es de 4,6 pulgadas e integra una pantalla de 7,3 pulgadas modelo Infinity Flex Display. Por otra parte, el sonido incluye alianza con AKG, por lo que tiene altavoces calibrados en uno de los lados y posee un lector de huella lateral.

También le puede interesar:

Google te dejará hacer búsquedas mediante una captura de pantalla usando Google Lens

La entrada En este mes saldrá el nuevo Samsung Galaxy Fold: dispositivo dual utilizado para teléfono y tableta se publicó primero en Miami Diario.